All Before Midday

Yesterday was pretty eventful, animal-wise, and it all happened before midday.

Whilst walking dogs at the rescue centre I saw wild monkeys for the first time in my life. It was pretty exciting as I'm quite fond of monkeys (understatement). For those of you keen on details, I believe they were Langures.



Then, later on I was roped into de-ticking some puppies. It was the first time I'd done it and, although I'm not usually squeamish, it was pretty damn gross. They had dozens of them in their paws and ears. I eventually had to stop and leave it to another volunteer who was more experienced in doing it. Maybe next time I'll be better, or maybe I'll just see if I can clean a maggot wound. (I watched this happening a couple of days back and it didn't bother me at all. I know, I'm odd.)

As I was about to leave I met a girl who had find a tiny male kitten who had been separated from his mother in the rain (yes, it has been raining here and when I say rain I mean RAIN). He couldn't have been more than 3 days old, his eyes weren't even open yet. I gave her some advice based on my looong week of experience in hand-rearing kitties and told her that if he survives that she should get in touch with me when she leaves in 3 weeks and I'll try to re-home him/arrange for him to be neutered. Sadly, I don't think I'll hear from her.

Finally, I made it home to take care of the kitten and, as I lovingly picked her up out of her sleep-box, she pooed on my feet, and then on the floor. Brilliant.

A pretty eventful morning. Definitely beats office life, even if I did have shitty feet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top