Lost

Right now I just can't bear it here.

My kitten was attacked by an un-neutered male cat who broke into my house. She was paralysed and I had to make the call to put her to sleep. I am devastated.

IAR Goa are putting down healthy animals and lying to me saying that they are sick. Do they think I'm stupid? I know they have a huge amount of kittens and puppies coming in and they can't handle it under current procedures. I sent them this article and it seems that they have no interest in making any changes in order to reduce the amount of animals put to sleep. Who are these people? Have they become so comfortable with the way that they work that they see no problem with it anymore?

They're asking me to foster kittens, then telling me I can't and that they're putting them to sleep instead. Why? Because I'm emotional and sensitive and they think I can't handle the heartbreak. Surely that's my decision? Surely it's worth risking a little more heartbreak in order to save lives?

I am angry and frustrated and lost. I don't know what I am doing here anymore.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, Kelly. Hang in there. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best darling. So many people act like animal lives are worthless. Having just lost my companion dog of twelve years I know the heartbreak and I wish you didn't have to go through it as well. Many more will be lost but as long as you continue to fight future lives may be saved. -- Roaming Web Vegan

Anonymous said...

A good friend had the exact same experience at that place. You need to contact the main people in the UK!! Either hang in there and document all that is going on or else move onto another place. Otherwise you'll be made ill over it all. I feel so sorry for you and I know what you're going through X

Anonymous said...

As long as you feel you can make a difference to these animals I would stay. Someone has to stick up for them.

Thinking of you

Katherine

x

Anonymous said...

I feel for you Kelly I really do. But remember what you went there for, to try to help these animals and to make a small difference. It may seem at the moment, that you are not doing any good, but I believe you have the courage and tenacity to see your time through if that is what you want, but please do not make yourself ill over this.

Anonymous said...

I.A.R Goa has sterilized over 30,000 dogs and 10,000 cats. They have rescued hundreds of animals from wells, treated thousands of road accidents and sick animal and have a highly dedicated staff. John Hicks the founder almost died on hunger-strike stopping the ICI smoking beagles experiment and has been at the forefront of animal welfare for over 35 years. Do you really think the animals would be better off if the centre was closed?

A more dedicated team you will never meet and it is outrageous that lies like these should be posted on the internet.

kelly said...

Since pest control companies are so efficient at getting rid of snakes to rats, stray domesticated cats need to rummage garbage or like this cat...break into another house! Anyway, is your kitty ok? Poor kitten needs a lot of love! <3

Post a Comment

top